Friday, December 11, 2009

The Dropoff

I recently witnessed a lady getting out of her Honda suv in front of a home. She went around to the rear passenger side and opened the door. She looked rather nonchalant and wasn't smiling. She lifted a female toddler from her car seat and had a bag on her shoulder. A gentleman came out of the home in front of her.....all smiles and looking the toddler. I could not hear what he said but the conversation between himself and the woman was little to none. The toddler went to the man and took her hand and the bag from the woman. The woman walked around to the drivers side rear and removed a large, pink blowup mattress and gave it to the man. The man and girl proceeded to walk towards the home when the woman called the toddler to her. The toddler ambled over to her and gave her a kiss then went inside the home with the man. No conversation between the two adults. The woman got into her suv and took off in a hurry. What did I witness here? I think you know as well as I do. What was once so nice is now relegated to a "drop off". What happened? Why? How do you go from crazy in love (or lust)to.....this? Thoughts?

2 comments:

Miss♥K said...

I wonder this same thing- quite often-WHAT HAPPENED? Thats why I protect myself because (I know that it could happen just as easily with a couple getting divorced)I prefer to take my chances in a marriage instead of getting pregant by a boyfriend...it happens all to often these days- i dont want a baby daddy- I want a man who is with me and his child...you didnt share your thoughts though- what do you think...

Don said...

it's almost as if they hardly know one another, isn't it? since i currently remain estranged from my two youngest daughters and their mom, i fail to understand how people can share their lives with someone. and the day can come where it's almost as if the same two people are perfect strangers.

unreal.